Forums » Battlestar 1980

debut season in the Premier League and

• November 13, 2017 10:07 PM EST

West Ham winger Michail Antonio should be considered for an England call-up, according to Slaven Bilic. Matt Bosher Jersey . Antonio, who joined the Hammers from Nottingham Forest last September, has enjoyed a superb debut season in the Premier League and managed to score his seventh goal for the club in their thrilling 3-2 win over Manchester United on Tuesday. In recent months, the 26-year-old has been filling in at right-back, but has continued his strong form and helped take West Ham to the verge of qualification for next seasons Europa League.  Bilic believes Antonio has the potential to play for Engalnd Roy Hodgson will announce his provisional squad for the European Championship on Monday and Bilic feels the England manager should contemplate selecting Antonio. Hes quality, the way he is playing, the big impact that hes had on our game and also on the Premier League, the West Ham manager said. Im saying as his club manager hes scored some goals, hes made some assists, hes defending really well.Of course Roy Hodgson has got a good team, hes not struggling for names. England qualified with 10 out of 10 wins so its very hard for some players to break in - somebody has got to get injured or somebody has to lose a place in his club long term. Roy Hodgson will announce his provisional England squad on Monday But if you ask me, does he have enough to offer? Yeah, definitely. Hes a player who when hes one against one, hes got pace, hes got strength, hes got the quality of going up and down, hes dangerous on goal. Hes a great player for us.So does he have potential? Definitely.A victory over Stoke at the Britannia Stadium on Sunday - live on Sky Sports 3 HD - will guarantee Europa League football for West Ham.  West Ham were knocked out of the Europa League in the third qualifying round last August, with Bilic using a mixture of fringe players and youngsters. But Bilic has insisted that the Hammers intend to have a real crack at the competition next season, if they do indeed qualify. When its there, you want to do it, Bilic added. In England, in the media its always is it good to qualify because you have a dip because youre not used to playing three games a week, and thats a minus. West Ham will qualify for the Europa League if they defeat Stoke on Sunday But it doesnt matter, we really want to qualify and so were going to do everything we can.Last summer was too early, me and my staff were new and we didnt have enough players.We didnt want to go out, we wanted to qualify, but without damaging or harming the Premier League. If we qualify (this year) its totally different to last year.You dont have to start too early but what is more important is were going to have a thicker squad, or a squad that is ready. Also See: Antonio grateful for Bilic backing Sky Live: Stoke v West Ham Bilic: Europe in our hands West Ham v Liverpool play-off? Ricardo Allen Jersey . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. Mohamed Sanu Sr Jersey .com) - Jimmy Butler made four key free throws down the stretch to lift the Chicago Bulls over the Boston Celtics, 109-102, on Friday.KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The vast rebuilding job that Ned Yost inherited as the manager of the Kansas City Royals was strikingly similar to the one he took on when he was hired by the Milwaukee Brewers. The difference this time is that Yost will have a chance to stick around. The Royals and Yost agreed to a two-year contract extension Tuesday after wrapping up an 86-76 season, the best finish for the franchise in 24 years. Yosts contract was set to expire after the season, though both sides had expressed a desire for the manager to remain on board. "Our main goal is to win the World Series, but we took a major step this year," Yost said. "We finished 10 games over .500. That was huge for us. That was a big step." The next big step is to make the playoffs, something that Yost had the Brewers on the verge of when he was fired in 2008. He eventually landed in Kansas City and became the interim manager in 2010, and then lost more than 90 games each of his first two full seasons in charge. His biggest task then was to help develop one of the youngest rosters in baseball, and the work began to pay off this year. The Royals rebounded from a disastrous May to go 43-27 after the All-Star break, and werent eliminated from wild-card contention until their penultimate series. "Milwaukee was a great experience for me, like May was a good experience for our team," Yost said. "Im thankful for that opportunity because it made me stronger. It made me a better manager. The May we went through, it made us better, it made us stronger, because we endured it, and we were better for it the rest of the year." Yost, who is 741-831 in 10 seasons as a manager, held off on discussing a new contract until after the season. It came together quickly on Monday. "When you have something good you need to stick with it," outfielder Alex Gordon said after the final game, "and I think thats what we have. We have a good manager that gels well with the guys on this team and we all have a good relationship." Yosts two-year deal creates a strange situation in the organization in that general manager Dayton Moore is only under contract through next season. Moore declined to discuss whether he will also seek an extension this off-season, saying only that hes "secure" with his situation. Blidi Wreh-Wilson Jersey. "Im at peace about where I am and what weve done," Moore said. "Theres an emotion and an expectation and excitement around this group of players, and in a small way, I feel like weve won the World Series, because we have a fan base thats excited." Now that Yost is under contract, Moore will soon turn his attention to putting together a roster for next season. Most of the lineup will return intact, led by promising young players such as first baseman Eric Hosmer and catcher Salvy Perez. But plenty of questions remain, starting with right field and what was one of the best starting rotations in the big leagues. The Royals cobbled together right field when Jeff Francoeur fizzled out, and David Lough and Justin Maxwell were platooning there late in the season. But Yost and Moore both have indicated they would like to add a bat with power to the lineup, and right field is the natural fit. In the rotation, Ervin Santana and Bruce Chen are both eligible for free agency. Santana may have priced himself out of the Royals with the best season of his career, but Moore said that he anticipates having the resources necessary to make a competitive bid to keep both pitchers. If that doesnt happen, Moore said that youngsters Yordano Ventura, Danny Duffy and Kyle Zimmer are prepared to compete for a starting job in spring training. "Every team has holes. We certainly are not immune to that," Moore said. "Well look at the areas where we can improve, but you can only improve with talent and opportunities available to you, and I have no idea what opportunities are going to be available going forward." Moore did say that he expects the Royals payroll, which was a franchise-record $81,241,725 on opening day, to remain the same or perhaps even increase next season. "You have a deep-pitted feeling in your stomach every year youre not in the playoffs," Moore said. "We want that for our fan base. We want that for our players in the worst way. So were going to continue to work to press the right buttons." Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '