Forums » BSR-05 Excalibur - Canada

ankle early in fourth quarter in a 42-28

• November 21, 2017 11:20 PM EST

Columbus, OH (SportsNetwork. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Jersey .com) - The season is over for the Michigan Wolverines and, unfortunately, for Ohio State quarterback J.T. Barrett. Barrett left the field on a cart after breaking his right ankle early in fourth quarter in a 42-28 victory for the seventh-ranked Buckeyes over their rivals. Ohio State (11-1, 8-0 Big Ten) scored two touchdowns in a minute late in the fourth to put the game away and become the first Big Ten team to win all its regular-season conference games in three consecutive seasons. Barrett completed 13-of-21 passes for 176 yards with one touchdown and rushed for 89 yards and two scores before exiting. Ezekiel Elliott had 121 yards and two touchdowns on 17 carries for the Buckeyes, who will play Wisconsin in next weeks Big Ten title game. I think its all going to be how we play next week, OSU head coach Urban Meyer said when asked if Barretts injury will affect the Buckeyes chances of making the College Football Playoff. Were going to have (sophomore quarterback) Cardale (Jones) ready to go. Devin Gardner was 22-of-32 for 233 yards with two touchdown passes for Michigan (5-7, 3-5), but he also committed two turnovers - one of which was returned for a score. Brady Hoke, in likely his final game as Michigans head coach, spoke of the Wolverines disappointing season afterwards. Im really proud of this football team. Im disappointed for them, but Im proud of how they hung together as a group, Hoke said. Barrett capped the opening drive of the third quarter with a 2-yard touchdown run, giving Ohio State a 21-14 lead. Drake Johnson rushed for two touchdowns for Michigan, the second tying coming on the ensuing possession. He injured his left knee at the end of 4-yard run that finished off a 12-play, 75-yard sequence. The Buckeyes responded by marching 81 yards in 14 plays and regained the lead on Elliotts short TD run. Barrett was injured following a three-and-out by the Wolverines. His leg got caught underneath him as he was being tackled at the end of a run for no gain. After another Michigan punt, Elliott ran 44 yards for a touchdown on 4th- and-1. Joey Bosa then forced a Gardner fumble, which was scooped and returned 33 yards by Darron Lee to make it 42-21. Gardner threw a late TD pass to Freddy Canteen to complete the scoring. Barrett hit Nick Vannett for a 6-yard touchdown off play-action after Gardner was intercepted by Vonn Bell on the games second play. Later in the first quarter, Gardner completed a 45-yard pass to Devin Funchess to set up a 12-yard scoring strike to Jake Butt on the next snap. Ohio State punted to begin the second quarter, pinning Michigan at its own 5- yard line. The Wolverines responded with meticulous 15-play drive and grabbed a 14-7 lead when Johnson powered his way in for a 2-yard score. Stagnant for much of the first half, the Buckeyes offense came alive late in the first half. Ohio State tied the game by constructing a 10-play, 83-yard drive, which ended with a 25-yard touchdown scramble by Barrett with seven seconds remaining. Game Notes Barrett established a new Big Ten single-season record for total touchdowns with 45. He broke Drew Brees previous mark of 42 set in 1998 ... Ohio State won its 24th consecutive regular-season Big Ten game, extending a conference record ... Johnson had 74 yards on 15 carries ... Funchess caught seven passes for 108 yards.Brandon Ingram Jersey . -- Oakland Athletics starting pitchers Jarrod Parker and A. Kobe Bryant Jersey . He says he will have the operation Wednesday and be ready in time for training camp in September. Bernier missed five games in March due to the injury.VANCOUVER -- After a frustrating season which saw his team miss the playoffs, Vancouver head coach John Tortorella was rather blunt Monday in his assessment of what the Canucks must change if they hope to return to the NHLs elite. While Tortorella took some of the blame, he also didnt pull any punches. He said the Canucks are getting old, the core group has become complacent and the team needs to get younger. "I felt from day one that its stale," said Tortorella. "Thats not their fault. This is a group that has been together for a long time. "It needs youth. It needs a change. The team needs to be retooled. Its a young mans game. Its certainly not a criticism of (the veterans). We need to surround them with some enthusiasm." After a promising start under Tortorella, the Canucks finished the year with a 36-35-11 record for 83 points. Vancouver managed just 13 wins in 41 games since Jan. 1 and settled for a 25th-place finish in the overall standings. The poor showing has already cost Mike Gillis his job as president and general manager. New president Trevor Linden -- the Canucks former captain -- still must decide Tortorellas fate. The two were scheduled to meet later Monday. Centre Ryan Kesler, who was the subject of trade rumours this year, said the players have to take responsibility for the season. "Were all flabbergasted right now," said Kesler, who led Vancouver with 25 goals. "Going into this year I would never think we would be sitting here in this situation." The Canucks ended their season with a 5-1 win over the Calgary Flames last Sunday but the victory was soured by an ugly incident late in the second period. Daniel Sedin was taken off the ice on a stretcher after being hit from behind by Calgarys Paul Byron. Sedin was taken to hospital and later released. After the hit, Sedin lay crumpled on the ice and couldnt raise his head. "I was scared," he said at Mondays season-ending news conference. "I tried to lift my head at first and couldnt get it off the ice. "The only thing I thought was lay still. I tried to move my hands and it felt good. I went to the hospital and everything looks good. I feel OK today." Tortorella said fans and management cant keep reminiscing about the Canucks loss in Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup final, but instead must concentrate on making the team better again. "Were not in 2011," said the man hired last year to replace the fired Alain Vigneault. "We have to stop talking about 2011. "The core needs to change." Canucks captain Henrik Sedin said the team was "really good" until hhalfway through the season when injuries became a problem. James Worthy Jersey. Both Sedins, Alex Burrows and defenceman Chris Tanev all missed a significant number of games with injuries. "You never want to use injuries (as an excuse but) we had a tough year," said Henrik. "We had guys playing out of position. We had guys playing more minutes than they were used to. "We had to play a different way and we werent able to win playing that way." Tortorella said during this period he made a coaching mistake by giving the room to the players. "I didnt get back in the room and continue to teach the details," he said. "I didnt stay on top of it. "I needed to be pounding away at the details. I think that hurt us in situational play. I think that hurt us in trying to understand how you change momentum. Thats not the team, thats me. Thats my biggest regret." A lack of scoring haunted Vancouver all season. The Canucks managed just 196 goals, leaving them tied for second fewest in the league. For the first time in a non-lockout season, Vancouver had just one 20-goal scorer in Kesler. Daniel Sedin finished the year with 16 goals and went through a stretch of 23 games without scoring. Henrik Sedin had just 11 goals. Burrows, who hadnt scored less than 25 goals in the last four full seasons, had just five. "People talk about we are playing too much defence," said Daniel. "Honestly we played as aggressively as we have been. "That has nothing to do with why our production is down. Its up to us to play like we can." Defenceman Alex Edler, who begins a US$30-million, six-year contract next season, finished the season at -39, the worst plus-minus in the NHL. "There was a lot of changes this year (in how we played in own end) and a lot of new things to get used to," said Edler. "I think I didnt have the year I should have had but I know I am a good player." The Canucks have had several distractions to deal with over the last year. Tortorellas hiring was a surprise. Goaltender Cory Schneider was traded during the summer, meaning Roberto Luongo was the Vancouver starter after believing he was gone. Luongo was eventually traded to Florida. Tortorella missed six games after being suspended for trying to get into the Calgary locker-room following a line brawl to open a Jan. 18 game against the Flames. The Canucks were 2-4-0 during that period, then 2-7-1 when Tortorella returned. "When you lose a head coach its never good," said Henrik Sedin. "I dont think it was specifically that incident that made us start losing." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '